Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 141 - Chemical Headache

If you thought yesterday was political, lookout!  Simple, to the point, greater impact.  I was quite proud of my lighting setup here.  Had a flash off to the side with a snoot to highlight the bubbles, and then used my bike light to shine through the glass table into the subject.  I was going to do the Soda and Mentos trick but I forgot it was Mentos you added to make the soda explode... and hence the Berocca.  Quick thinking saved the day and produced another shot for the competition, even if it is a little less explosive.  Still a chemical reaction though... see, pulling it all together.. Chemistry, Our Life, Our Future.  Sure winner.

Technical:
Canon 7d camera
ISO 200
EF17-40 @ 21mm
f/4
1/250 (limit of wireless flash unit)

Strobist:
Nissin Di622 MKII fired bare through snoot, left of subject by 1m and slightly behind.  -2EV power
Bike Light underneath subject @ high beam setting

No comments:

Post a Comment