Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 153 - Old Exchange

We were pretty lucky to get a tour of a major telecommunications exchange.  It's incredible the equipment held inside this place and how old some of the gear that's still running.  Some of the equipment hasn't been off for over 30 years.  Solder starts to break down at around 20 years.  I've never seen a distribution frame 15 meters long and two stories high before... but now I have.  If you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, just act impressed anyway.

Technical:
Canon 7d camera
ISO 400
EF17-40 @ 35mm
f/4
1/60sec

Strobist:
Nissin Di622MKII fired on camera in eTTL mode

Image Manipulation:
Crop and Vignette

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt, An interesting piece of equipment. I worked on one of these in 1969, my first year of employment. Brings back memories. It's very easy to cut people off!

    ReplyDelete