Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 214 - Inside A Waterfall

Tripped up to Springbrook today to checkout a waterfall.  There wasn't much water there so I did a few tricks to make it look a little more impressive.  Slowed the shutter down and used the sun to reflect off the water to make it appear like a white curtain.  I wanted to create an image which you can look at close up and scroll your way down looking at all the detail.  I like the idea, just not sure if I executed it very well.

Technical:
Canon 7d camera
EF17-40 @ 17mm
Stitched Image

1 comment:

  1. When I look at this photo I see a lot of water, but I don't instantly recognize it as a waterfall because of the tight cropping which has taken away perspective commonly associated with waterfalls. That said I like the way the water is splashing rather than the smooth appearance which seems to be synonymous with waterfall shots. The exposure is good giving detail in the water from white through to dark at the bottom against a brilliant blue sky. Photo stitching is enviably good. Overall pleasing because of the movement of the water from top to bottom emphasized by colours going from light to dark.

    ReplyDelete