Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 100 - Lost Art

Wow, 100 days down already.  When I look back over the blog I can see some big changes in my photos.  I had never touched a film camera when I started.  Now I love it.  I've read a couple of books on photography.  That's pretty big because that means I've almost doubled the amount of books I've read in my life, just this year!  I met up with a photographer (who actually took my photo for my Employee of the Year award in 2007) and we went to the Cobb & Co Museum in Toowoomba.  He wanted some photos for publications they do there at the centre so I snapped away and also assisted with his lighting rig.  I took this shot of the boys in the blacksmith area.  I took some really good pictures of the fire pits, but I liked the shot of the guys focused on the axe head they were making.  I'm noticing that I like people in pictures.  The images often tell a more interesting story than a simple object.  It's also a tougher challenge for me to photograph people so it's more rewarding I guess.  Blacksmithing is a pretty amazing process too... check it out sometime if you can.

Technical:
Canon 7D camera
EF50mm
f/1.4
1/160sec

Photoshop:
Straight out of the camera

No comments:

Post a Comment