Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 53 - Walk Towards the Light

A book turned up in the post today, The Moment It Clicks by Joe McNally.  This guy is amazing.  I have seen some of his work with photography training courses and I follow the Kelby Photoshop Podcast and I regard him as a mentor in my journey through photography.  He has a way to make the subject comfortable and get the best out of them, and have fun at the same time.  The creativity in his work is simply awesome.  Joe is making me think of light in a totally different way.  This is my first attempt at a twin flash, off camera light setup.  Sure, the subject is a book, but I think I was able to add a little more depth to a otherwise uninteresting shot.

Technical
ISO 100
EF17-40 @30mm
f/20
1/60

Strobist:
Nissin di622 MkII manual at -1.5 EV, camera left at 80cm, subject height, white diffuser
Sunpak PZ40x-NE manual at 1/16, camera right at 1m. 1.5m high, no diffuser
Flashes fired by Yongnuo RF-602

No comments:

Post a Comment