Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61 - Sophie & Christine "The Coffee Shop Girls"

Meet Sophie & Christine.  They are the girls from Bon Amici.  They were fantastic allowing me to run around with my camera and flash, snapping away while they did their thing.  I was in the coffee shop earlier that day and noticed the tattoo on Sophie's arm.  I immediately knew that would be a cool shot.  After chatting with Sophie, she informed me of the relevance 32 Flavours.  It's a song by Ani DiFranco on her 1995 album Not a Pretty Girl.  The title of the song is a pun on Baskin-Robbins and its well-known "31 flavours" slogan.  I used the light in the shop with a small amount of fill flash to get the first image.  The fiery red hair contrasts well against the blue top which then leads into the tattoo.  Going well for my second shot of the month without Photoshop and relying on my camera skills for light and colour.

Technical:
ISO 3200
EF17-40 @ 31mm
f/4
1/60sec

Photoshop:
Sharpen

Strobist:
Wireless Flash behind camera @ 3m, -2EV, ground height




No comments:

Post a Comment