Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 62 - Snoot Action

Well I have been a little slack folks.  I've had the pictures but just didn't get around to uploading them.  In my quest to tame light, I came across an article on snoots (a device to direct light down to a narrow beam).  These things can be expensive but I saw one guy who used a stubby cooler over his flash.  I rummaged around and found some and this is the result.  I used the snoot on the background to give an interesting light fall-off.

Technical:
ISO 200
EF17-40 @ 33mm
f/10
1/125

Photoshop:
I may have used the patch tool to clean up the glass and done a B/W conversion but don't tell anyone.

Strobist:
Nissin Di 622 MkII with custom snoot (beer cooler) camera left @ 1m distance, 1m height shooting background
Sunpak shooting into umbrella @ 1/8 power, behind camera @ 2m distance, 1.5m height
Black reflector left of subject providing definition on glass edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment