Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 76 - Darkroom

After chatting with Ken Ball about his darkroom equipment at the photography meeting a couple of weeks ago, I gave him a call and went for a look.  I'm jumping in the deep end but I'm having a ball doing it.  I bought his enlarger and developing equipment in the hope that I can setup a small darkroom and see some of my own images come to life.  Here's a picture of a darkroom timer.  They are used to time how long you need to keep the exposure in various chemicals.  You have to be able to operate it in the dark so it has glow in the dark strips on the clock hands and numbers.  Old school but it still works.  Same can't be said for most products built these days.

Technical:
Canon 7D Camera
ISO 200
EF50mm
f/16
1/200sec

Photoshop:
All in camera, no need for "the shop"

Strobist:
Nissin di622 MKII camera left and 1m behind subject @-1EV with white diffuser
Sunpak camera right and fired into white umbrella @ 1/8 power, 1m distance to subject, 1.5m height

No comments:

Post a Comment