Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 70 - Old School

Apologies to all my fans, I've been off the air for a while but for a very good reason.  I've been shoot film... FILM!  I got curious about an old camera I received of my father-in-law and wanted to know if it would still take good pictures.  Well it's taken me about a week to get through 36 exposures (which would normally take me around two minutes on the digital).  I had no idea if I actually loaded the film correctly, exposed images correctly, if the mechanical components still work, the lens is clear and if I can control the ten thousand dials and buttons on the Nikon F4.  Even if any of the aforementioned issues arose, I have still gained huge amounts of knowledge to make me a better photographer.  Now I have scanned these images off my $100 special multi-function device so they do not do these images justice.  I will go back and get the images professionally scanned for the true conversion. 

Nothing to special with this first image, it was done at night with only the room light.  One of the cats was sleeping on my wife's bra.  Good cat.

Enjoy...

Camera:
Nikon F4 with 70-210mm f4-5.6 Tokina lens

Film:
Kodak BW400CN ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment